Is an experimental art ‘potpourri’ work involving techniques of drawing, collage, opaque and transparent painting, layering and then even more overlaying, cutting and dividing.pencils – graphite, charcoal, pastel, oil, coloured; soft pastels, impasto gel (acrylic medium), netting, papers – rice, cartridge; natural processed fibres – bagasse (from sugar cane stems); water-based screen-print ink.
Support: 300gsm Arches rag paper, each size 385 × 285 mm
An original sheet size 770 × 570 mm was divided into quarters and each work then laminated onto individual stretched canvases and presented in a single frame format for exhibiting.
Tropical Fusions (Panel 1 of 4)(Image = Bottom left hand side panel of four.)
Tropical Fusions (Panel 2 of 4)(Image = Bottom right hand side panel of four.)
- From the Group Exhibition: Cross Currents, 2002, Sugarama Gallery, Mourilyan, QLD.
- Also Exhibited: 2002-03, Year of the Outback DPI Flying Arts and Selected for Flying Arts TOURING Exhibition Regional Queensland.
- Currently in the Artist’s Collection.
Overall compositional imagery was inspired/influenced from nature drawing/painting studies direct from my local surrounding Far North Queensland tropical environment such as the capturing of:
- undulating strata layers, rhythms and patterns from the telling timeline surfaces of palm tree trunks
- Leaves – both actual and implied: of leaf fall, Native Hibiscus Tiliaceus (cottonwood) dried leaves plus others
- Palm seeds
- Butterflies and wings – both actual and implied: of the Cairns Birdwing and other
- Seasonal atmospheric elements and Moon cycles
- Earthy oxide palettes – of red iron, Indian red, yellow ochre, white, terra-verte, charcoal and blue – of soils, sands, sky, barks, plants, leaves etc.
- Vessel shapes based on my own fibre receptacle forms
- Symbology plays an overall important role in the total work. More info on this can be found at my home website ~ www.kerrynmadsen-pietsch.com
Each of the panel works are being made available as 'prints on demand' for the first time via
my RedBubble Gallery
'Tropical Fusions (Panel 2 of 4)' by Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch ©2013 | RedBubble CARD
Tropical Fusions (Panel 1 of 4) by Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch ©2013 | RedBubble CARD
Tropical Fusions (Panel 1 of 4) by Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch ©2013 | RedBubble
Sample - FRAMED ART WORK
Tropical Fusions (Panel 2 of 4) by Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch ©2013 | RedBubble
Sample - FRAMED ART WORK