Thursday, April 28, 2011

Challenges

Honoured, amazed, thrilled, humbled, excited, grateful for the RedBubble community support and validation for one of my photographic works!  All because I seized the moment, took the opportunity and time to study and photograph one of nature's unique wonders offered in the early morning hours, first week in April, 2011.  I took a 'few' (well many really!) photos in the early morn light over two consecutive days while 2 blooms lasted. You see one of them here.


Today I actually found out that I have won (yesterday 27.04.2011) my first entered Challenge: April Colour Challenge:  *TWO SHADES OF YELLOW or YELLOW AND WHITE* in the *ONE SINGLE FLOWER ON DISPLAY* RedBubble group with my photographic entry ~ First Light's Breath 

'First Light's Breath'
 Showing work in an available RedBubble Poster Print Format

Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch

In choosing this image I was this time very much guided by the image rules of this specific group. They didn't want just any ad-hoc flower photograph!
* Challenge results ~ http://www.redbubble.com/groups/just-flowers/challenges/33422-april-colour-challenge-two-shades-of-yellow-or-yellow-and-white.

Then, in the same RB group, First Light's Breath was voted into 2nd place in another Challenge
Featured Art Challenge 21 April 2011 (http://www.redbubble.com/groups/just-flowers/challenges/33676-featured-art-challenge-21-april-2011)

Winning a challenge
This meant I got to enter the work in the next level Challenge ~ "Simply The Best" Challenge May 2011   View here => http://www.redbubble.com/groups/just-flowers/challenges/32868-simply-the-best-challenge-may-2011

There are no actual prizes. I just get 'bragging rights' lol, for the honour and glory of winning by a fair and honourable voting system available to RB's members.

I have written an accompanying poem for First Light's Breath which may be read, along with the many community supportive feedback comments, on my RedBubble's gallery display page ~ http://www.redbubble.com/people/artropica/art/7034345-first-lights-breath.
(The image First Light's Breath may be viewed larger on RB also.)


Thanks for visiting.
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment